If you suffer from bruxism, how would you know? Bruxism is a sleeping disorder that often goes unnoticed, given the difficulty in spotting symptoms. What should you do if you think you may have bruxism? To help answer that question, ask yourself the following:
– Look for indentations and irregular markings on your tongue.
– Look for damage on your inner cheeks similar to bite marks or excessive chewing.
– Look for enamel wear or an appearance of your teeth that comes off as flat and dull-looking.
– Look for signs of tooth sensitivity, particularly when eating or drinking.
– Check with any sleep partners or roommates to confirm you grind and gnash your teeth while you sleep.
– Check for any signs of an earache or the feeling of an earache.
– Look and feel for sore and painful jaw muscles that may be swollen or inflamed.
– Looks for symptoms of a weak or damaged jaw that cannot fully open and close.
– Make sure to take good care of your teeth so they can last a lifetime. For more information about bruxism, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Nidal Obeid and our team at Family Dental of Lincoln, give us a call at 773-561-5106. Our dentist office is conveniently located in Chicago, Illinois. We look forward to hearing from you soon!