To restore and protect your tooth. To restore your missing teeth.
Crowns, bridges and veneers are cemented onto existing teeth or implants.
How Do Crowns Work?
A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment. A crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function. Porcelain, zirconia and Lava™ crowns are the latest technologies that can be matched to the color of your natural teeth. The difference between us and others is that we make all the latest technologies and the best techniques affordable for you.
Dentists may recommend a crown for you for the following reasons:
- Replace a large filling when there is not enough tooth remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
How Do Bridges Work?
Dental bridges are designed to replace your missing teeth. They literally “bridge” the gap caused by missing teeth, restoring your smile and your ability to eat and speak with confidence. Bridges consist of one or more prosthetic teeth that are anchored in place through the use of two dental crowns, one on either side of the missing tooth or teeth. If you are missing a single tooth or several teeth in a row, a bridge could be a good solution for you.
A dental bridge may be recommended to:
- Restore your ability to speak and eat normally
- Alleviate excess stress on your bite
- Support the shape and volume of your face
- Replace a removable partial denture
- Prevent your remaining natural teeth from shifting out of alignment
- Improve the appearance of your smile after losing teeth